Kevin’s Weekend Review: 10-4-09
Hi everyone. Man, what a busy service on Sunday! You ever had one of those? Where you have 120 minutes of stuff you’re trying to fit into 75 minutes worth of a service. Crazy! All week long I was talking with people and trying to find ways to cut time but without cutting on the heart or meat of the service.
The end result I think was pretty good. I had several people come up after and thank me for how worshipful the service was. I’m thinking to myself, “Really? I was just trying not to end 30 minutes over!” Isn’t it cool how God still works even when we’re thinking logistics. I love that!
So here’s what our Sunday looked like:
- Open the Eyes of My Heart(Paul Baloche)
- Mission Focus: Dave & Pat Potts (supported missionaries back from the field)
- Revelation Song (Jamie Riddle… we’ve been doing this song this past couple weeks. It’s a little tricky to learn, but a powerful song).
- Communion time, with servers passing out elements in between songs
- Holy God(Brian Doerksen… another song we’ve been doing recently that people how really embraced)
- Above All(Lenny LeBlanc and Paul Baloche)
- Welcome Time
- Body Life / Prayer for Offering
- Glorious(Paul Baloche… brand new song that hasn’t been released. Front edge stuff!)
- Message: God Who? – Psalm 19
Hope everyone is staying fresh in the ministry. Check out what other people are doing at Fred McKinnon’s blog. CYA!