Kevin’s Weekend Review: 9-20-09
Hi everyone! It was a good Sunday, but also stressful. We had some sound issues as I’ve been training a new guy on the board. Things weren’t going well or sounding well in practice and I was trying to run back there and help him on the board. We ended up running super late in practice; which is a bad thing since I am teaching a Sunday School class.
On the plus side: the service ended up going well. It wasn’t perfect and we still had some sound problems; but those are the times when you just need to not worry about it and say “we’ve done all we can”. People were blessed and God was glorified. Here’s what our service looked like:
- Congregational Response: “Who is God?”
- Friend of God (Israel Houghton; PC&D cover)
- O, For a Thousand Tongues to Sing(my arrangement based on David Crowder)
- In Christ Alone (Stuart Townsend)
- Holy God(Brian Doerksen – This is the new song I taught last week and people are LOVING it! I can’t say enough about this song; great tune!)
- Holy is the Lord (Chris Tomlin – another favorite at our church)
- Welcome / Prayer Night info
- Mission Focus: Varghese in India… announce short-term trip to India
- Body Life / Offering
- Thy Word (instrumental version of the song with just me on piano)
- Message: “Can I Trust the Bible?” – 2 Peter 1
- Holy God – reprise of song
That’s it for me! To see what other people are doing check out Fred McKinnon’s blog. Have a great week!