Kevin’s Weekend Review: 6-21-09
So, things went pretty smooth on Sunday… much better than a couple weeks ago! If you remember, two weeks prior, we went super long and we ended our service almost 30 minutes late. I’ve been determined to help keep things on track the last couple weeks, so this Sunday we did a few less songs than normal (no special music) and I made sure to not make any comments that would just take up time.
On the positive, we ended right on time and everything flowed very smoothly. But in a way, I kind of feel like I cheated. I don’t know how to explain it. Maybe part of it is because we did less songs, so I don’t really feel like I had to put as much into the service. Maybe another part of it is because I had one of the gals on the worship team leading 3 of the 5 songs. I’m not sure what it is… but I just don’t feel like I had as much invested this Sunday. Anyone else ever feel that way?
But like I said, we ended on time which was a huge plus. Here’s what our service looked like:
- Days of Elijah (Robin Mark)
- Mission Focus: Summer Workers for VBS
- Prayer for Offering
- Beautiful One (Tim Hughes)
- Forever (Nails in Your Hands) (Richard Cimino I think… it’s an old Calvary Chapel tune I used to sing in Junior High 🙂 )
- Before the Throne of God Above (Great modern day hymn; not sure off the top of my head who wrote it. It’s very similar to “In Christ Alone”)
- Majesty (Delirious… one of my favorite worship songs. Our church loves this tune, and we really rocked it out on Sunday!)
- Testimony on Communication
- Message on Communication: Proverbs 18:19-22
- Father’s Day Presentation
Considering that there was a lot of things going on (Testimony, Father’s Day presentation), I was very happy to end on time… now I just have to balance how to feel invested in all aspects of the worship service. For more weekend reviews, check out Fred McKinnen’s Blog.