Weekend Review – 01-1617-10
This was a great weekend, with one exception, we were doing a lot of electric guitar driven songs, with two electric guitar plays and we had a sound guy who doesn’t like electric guitar. That makes for a really weird mix, and I heard a fair amount of feedback about that after the services. I tried to fix it between services, but I still got the same feedback after the second service. We also had a couple of musicians who were really disappointed, understandably so, because they spent a lot of time getting ready and then weren’t heard. I’d be discouraged too.
However, what they two guys were doing sounded really good in my monitors, so aside from that one thing, it was a great weekend.
Here was our set:
- Call to Worship: Read William Temple’s Definition of Worship. “Worship is the submission of all of our nature to God. It is the quickening of the conscience by his holiness; the nourishment of mind with his truth; the purifying of imagination by his beauty; the opening of the heart to his love; the surrender of will to his purpose–all this gathered up in adoration, the most selfless emotion of which our nature is capable.”
- How Can I Keep From Singing?
- Glorious (Baloche CD arr.)
- Beautiful One (By the Tree arr.)
- Just to be with You (Baloche CD arr.)
- Holy is the Lord.
- Tell the World (Hillsong)
Aside from our sound issues, it was a great weekend. What was your weekend like? Check out what other worship leaders did this weekend over on The Worship Community.