Kevin’s Weekend Review: 11-8-09
Hi everyone! It’s been a few weeks since I last posted a blog on our weekend service. I’ve been in the process of selling our house and moving to a new house right by the church. I’m happy to report that as of last night, we are officially in the house and unpacked and it’s starting to feel like a home now. Praise the Lord!
This Sunday, we had one of our missionaries preach. It wasn’t exactly a “Mission Week” like David had last Sunday, but it was cool and different having this missionary to India preaching on suffering. It gave everyone in the church a really different perspective; plus everyone was listening really well because George was kind of hard to understand 🙂
Here’s what our service looked like:
- Scripture Reading: Psalm 89:5-8 / Psalm 47:10-11
- Awesome is the Lord (Chris Tomlin)
- Your Grace is Enough (Chris Tomlin)
- Scripture Reading: Romans 8:17-18 / Romans 5:2-5
- Still(Reuben Morgan / Hillsong)
- Good to Me (Old Calvary Chapel Song… can’t remember who wrote it; Craig something)
- Blessed Be Your Name (Matt Redman)
- Prayer for Offering
- It is Well (Special arrangement for lead and tenor vocals; very cool!)
- Message: “An Eternal Perspective on Suffering” (George Varghese; missionary in India)
- Closing Thoughts / Transition into Business Meeting
We had a bit of a struggle transitioning into our Business Meeting. We were trying to create a very smooth flow, but it didn’t work out so well. There was some miscommunication, and a bunch of people ended up leaving and causing some distractions. It’s hard to go from a worship service and then to talk business stuff. If anyone has any good ideas, let me know!
To check out other weekend reviews, check out Fred McKinnon’s site!