Kevin’s Weekend Review: 6-28-09
Happy Summer Day to everyone! The sun is out, and it’s a beautiful day in Vancouver, Washington. Yesterday was a good day for our Worship Service at Laurelwood, but I’ll admit that it felt a little off. I don’t know if any of you have ever experienced this, but the practice was great and things were just clicking and feeling good. But then when the actual service rolled around, it felt… a little off. Kind of flat. I don’t know how to explain it.
I have to remind myself that our worship of Jesus is not contingent on feelings, but it’s hard when you’re not getting that “feeling”. Do you know what I mean? Don’t get me wrong: the service was good and people were connecting with God… it just didn’t feel as “powerful” as it did during practice. I know that probably sounds terribly unspiritual; but that’s how I felt about it.
So here’s what we did:
- Your Grace is Enough(Matt Maher; Chris Tomlin cover)
- Testimony from Junior High Camp
- Missionaries in town (David and Catherin Love)
- Be Thou My Vision (my arr.)
- All Creatures of our God and King (David Crowder arr.)
- Holy is the Lord (Chris Tomlin)
- Holy is the Lord(Vineyard; Jeff Searles I think)
- Message: “Dealing with Anger” (Guest speaker: Jim Draper)
- Closing: Holy is the Lord Reprise
We had a layperson in our church give the message on Sunday; he’s spoken a couple times and also teaches a Sunday School class. He does a great job and is a great teacher… I always like it when Jim shares from God’s word. To find out what others are doing on Sunday mornings, check out Fred McKinnon’s blog. God bless!