Kevin’s Weekend Review: 3-29-09
This past Sunday was Spring Break for Vancouver, WA so A LOT of people were gone; especially people on my Worship Team. And we had two short-term mission teams gone on assignment: one was the annual youth mission trip to Louisiana to help with rebuilding from Hurricane Katrina (there is still a lot of devastation); the other mission trip was to the Czech Republic to help one of our supported missionaries put together a gospel youth rally.
Between the two mission trips, 40 of our church members were gone on the mission field and most of my worship team was part of that crew. So, I decided to just do a “Piano only” service. It turned out to be pretty cool… and it’s actually a lot less stressful for me because I just have to worry about me 🙂 But it was really nice to just have a very simple, mellow service. We did a number of hymns and I know a lot of the older people liked it.
- Be Thou My Vision (Standard hymn)
- Come Thou Fount (Standard hymn)
- From the Inside Out(United/Hillsong; great song that is getting pretty popular)
- Forever (this is a song that a friend of mine wrote; great tune)
- Shout to the Lord (done as a medley with Forever)
- Mission Focus / Prayer for Offering
- Scripture Reading: Hebrews 9:11-15 (with piano underscore: “Nothing But the Blood”)
- Message: “God’s Stimulus Package for You”: Hebrews 7&8
- Come Thou Fount (responsive song where people could come up to the alter and/or pray with an Elder / Pastor)
Even though the service was kind of mellow, it turned out really cool and it was very appropriate. People responded to the responsive time at the end and I think God was doing His thing; people were taking care of business in their hearts and God gets all the glory!
For other Sunday Setlists, check out Fred McKinnon’s blog