Kevin’s Weekend Review: 3-22-09
Hi everyone! First of all, please be praying for David and his family. If you’ve read his Weekend Review, you’ll know they are going through some tough times right now. Keep them in your prayers and make sure to drop David some love.
Our service on Sunday was a blast! We had Doug Valenzuala, a missionary from Italy, preach on Sunday (our church has been supporting him since 1977!) and the guy is hilarious! If you’re interested, you can listen to his message online at our church’s website.
So, having Doug was a lot of fun and the music just augmented to the service. People were singing and there was a lot of joy in the air… it was really fun and refreshing. And it was actually kind of nice to be leading as the last two Sundays I’ve had co-leaders doing all the music and leading. Here’s what we did:
- Call to Worship / Prayer
- Hosanna(Paul Baloche; great song for Easter Season)
- Unchanging (Chris Tomlin)
- I Will Worship You (This is a song one of my co-leaders wrote… good Easter message)
- Mighty to Save (Hillsong; another Easter themed idea)
- The Stand (United/Hillsong… our church LOVES this song!)
- Welcome New Members (had our annual Business Meeting last week)
- Body Life / Prayer for Offering
- Great is The Lord sung as a special during Offering (on Saturday, we had a memorial service for a guy in our church who passed away; this was one of his favorite songs so it was very meaningful)
- Message: Doug Valenzuala on Acts 20:20-24
- Closing Prayer
For more Sunday Setlists, you can check out Fred McKinnon’s blogroll.