Kevin’s Weekend Review: 2-22-09
This Sunday I had another one of our co-leaders pick some of the music and lead the songs. It was kind of exciting, because he picked songs that I normally would never do… but it totally worked. I think because he’s a co-leader and a layperson, there’s a little more grace from the congregation to do these songs; so I was all for it!
The service went well… a few little snags on starting the songs. One of the problems with someone else leading (and one of the things I’m working on!) is that I’m not in control… but that’s a good thing. I’m learning that I don’t always have to lead everything and be in control all the time and that even if things don’t go perfect, it’s so much more meaningful to have others leading and engaging in ministry.
So… here is what our Sunday looked like:
- Awesome is The Lord (Chris Tomlin)
- Greeting / Transition
- Mission Focus: Ehtiopia (we had a gentleman from Ehtiopia share about a Missionary College he is starting… it was so cool!)
- Body Life / Prayer for Offering
- Show Me Your Glory (Third Day)
- Message: The Believer’s Rest (Hebrews 4)
- Rest (by Skillet… this song rocked!)
- All Who Are Thirsty (straight off the Kutless worship album)
- Still (Hillsong; written by Reuben Morgan… great tune that not a lot of people know about)
- Knowing You (Graham Kendrick)
It was cool doing some of these new songs that rocked a little… and having a chunk of music at the end was a great way to respond to Pastor Mike’s message on rest. I think it worked!
For more weekend reviews, check out Fred’s Place. Have a great week!